Water is our Focus.
Whether it’s drinking water, recycled water, or wastewater, it’s H20, and South Coast Water District manages this vital resource for the public in an effective and comprehensive way as local government agency.
The District’s mission is to ensure reliable, adequate supplies of water for the community and the safe collection and treatment of wastewater.
South Coast Water District answers to its owners -- the residents and businesses it serves in Dana Point, South Laguna and areas of San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano. A five-member elected Board of Directors oversees policy-making, financial stewardship, rate-setting, capital programs, and long-term planning for the District. The General Manager reports to the Board and leads an 80-person organization in the planning and implementation of District priorities set by the Board.
The District’s top priority capital projects over the next five years include:
· Expansion of local water supplies (groundwater, recycled water, ocean desalination) to replace decreasing imported supplies
· Replacement of infrastructure in the Joint Regional Water Supply System
· Stabilizing the tunnel in the ocean bluffs that houses a two-mile sewer line and replacing the line
Beyond capital projects, the District’s top priorities include:
· Long-term planning (financial, property development, operations center)
· Emergency preparedness and response initiatives
· Implementation of recommendations in the 2011 Organizational Assessment