Sustainable Garden Workshop
Learn how to create a California-friendly landscape at free event on Saturday, May 4
South Coast Water District will host a Sustainable Garden Workshop on Saturday, May 4, from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at our Administrative Office in Laguna Beach. The event is free for District customers.
Whether you are planning to remove your turf and replace it with a low-water garden, filling in an existing garden, or starting from scratch, you will learn tips and tricks from Garden Export Jodie Cook on creating a beautiful, low-water, ecosystem-friendly garden.
- Classroom instruction based on a Watershed Approach to Residential Landscaping
- Tour of the District's California-friendly demonstration garden
- Snacks and prizes
Save the Date
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- South Coast Water District Administrative Office, 31592 West Street, Laguna Beach
Learn How To
- Use less water and save money
- Take advantage of water-saver rebates
- Design with California-friendly native plants
- Create a garden that thrives in our climate
- Build healthy soil
- Understand garden pests and garden friends using least toxic methods of pest control
- Understand water use, irrigation systems, and contouring your garden for rain using swales and rain gardens
RSVP to Reserve Your Spot
- Space is limited. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (949) 499-4555, ext. 1 to register.
( View the Event Flyer )